Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 14, 2011

UNA Pizza!

Located upper 17 Ave, this little hallway sized pies and wine bar has all the ingredients of an urban oasis! The ambiance of this gem is so welcoming and cozy, and if you love pizza pies and wine you'll fit right in. We were sat at the chefs table; to me it’s the best table. The first thing I had ordered was they're in house red wine. I love trying in house wines; I feel it says a lot about a restaurant. It was really earthy and it went well with what I had ordered. We first had the Swiss chard pie, double smoked bacon, with wilted Swiss chard, set with creamy goat feta, and lastly with crushed chilies. It was great the bacon was the perfect amount of saltiness, the Swiss chard was earthy and subtle and the goat cheese added such creaminess it was divine! We scarfed it down faster than you could say “Swiss chard”. As we ate we watched as the chefs are fly pizzas out of the oven. We were temped and we give in!
Next is the margherita smothered in san marzano tomato sauce, fior di latte mozzarella, and topped with crushed basil. This was just great and at $14.00 bucks you can't go wrong! I love the pure taste of tomato on a thin crust with mozzarella its simple, it's satisfying and so my favorite comfort foods. They combined it perfectly and serve it up at an awesome price! My wine was a great finish I really can't imagine pizza or cheese without my wine and the in house was a really good choice I felt.


My final outcome for this was it was really good is now one of my favorite places and I will be back for sure. They serve lots of options one chef said his favorite was the flat iron steak another said he loved his veggies and said the "sautéed broccolini, garlic, calabrian chili oil "was his favorite. Another option that was flying off the shelf was the beautifully thin slices of marinated zucchini, marinated in lemon, olive oil, pecorino Romano, cracked pepper. Personally I will be going for the clams as they cooked it in front of us I was dying to get some but seeing as I could barely finish my pizza slice, we decided we will just have to come back. No matter what you like I'm sure you will find something you love!


As for this restaurant, its great staff, excellent food, and really decent prices make it a real neighborhood treat. I did over hear some staff ask the chefs how long it would be for those taking out and it was a wait time of an hour, so I would suggest going in. The staff and restaurant is so great I doubt you will want to leave anyway!


Check it out www.unspizzeria.com ( they have the menu online so you can see what your getting!)


Calgary Foodie!

UNA Pizza and Wine on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I've been trying to find some new pizza in Calgary to try out, so I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. Do you know of anywhere that offers New York or Chicago-style pies?

Unknown said...

Wow, thank you for all this information! I have been wanting to try pizza in Calgary, but haven't had the time to go experiment! That is why I'm so happy I have access to this blog! Thanks again.

Post a Comment