Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Notables

Typical Thursday night hubby and I were driving around looking for a place to eat and it pop into my head Notables. After sometime of sincerely attempting to come for a visit we finally were able to go. I was very surprised at how many people are lined up on a Thursday night at 8pm; however we were able to get a seat very quickly.
At my favorite table (at the chefs right side :)) we had a really welcoming hostess and waitress. Even though our waitress was quite busy she was very attentive, we began with drinks of course we had ordered their "Q" water, this is a more popular trend we are finding in restaurants. It is environmentally friendly, healthy and clean. Comes in both regular and sparkling and with part of the proceeds going to the Ronald McDonald House or Global Enrichment Foundation - Drink up!

Next I ordered the Sangria, I had white wine and it’s beautiful. Perfectly balanced fruity, zippy and fresh. Nathan had ordered the Mill St. Coffee Porter. It was rich and elegant really solid coffee taste.

We ordered dinner right away I could not wait to dive into my Wood Grilled Lamb Sirloin, perfectly grilled and served in a generous portion the smoked olive and sundried tomato relish provided and complete flavor experience. Sizzling and fresh the meat was so divine and tender would completely recommend it! My hubby ordered a 10oz Flatiron Steak, it was perfectly prepared. Very tender and served with potatoes and veggies.

To finish it all off we shared a warm sea-salt caramel filled chocolate cake served with a scoop of cold vanilla gelato. The caramel was sinful, so decadent and smooth and the sea-salt was the perfect contrast. Honestly I love warm chocolate with the cold creaminess of ice cream so it was the perfect way to end our meal.

Portions are excellent and leaving you satisfied, the prices are fabulous as well. You can get a beautiful, elegant dinner and still have some money in your pocket. The atmosphere is really stunning and romantic but can easily be the setting for your family dinner out or a business dinner. They can accommodate larger groups however I would recommend reservations. I they have excellent meals for each day of the week on their rotisserie and grill everything from Lamb on Tuesday to Turkey on Wednesday to Friday night Spragg farms Prochetta. There is something for everyone and I will be back for sure!

Stay hungry Calgary

Calgary Foodie


NOtaBLE on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment